Pumps Sku Mischka Kiara Badgley Satin White 8348745 What is Advertising?
Advertising is a marketing tactic involving paying for space to promote a product, service, or cause. The actual promotional messages are called advertisements, or ads for short. The goal of advertising is to reach people most likely to be willing to pay for a company’s products or services and entice them to buy.
Finding Your Ideal Customer
When trying to zero in on the types of people who are more likely to need or want your goods or services, and be willing to shell out hard-earned cash for it, you might look at demographic characteristics, such as:
- White Sku Badgley Mischka Satin 8348745 Kiara Pumps Age
- Education level
- Income level
- Zip code
By more precisely defining who your target customer is, you can better choose advertising vehicles that will reach more of your target customers for less money. Sure, you can buy an expensive ad in the Wall Street Journal, for example, but if your best customers live in the western Boston suburbs, you can buy ads in local papers there for far less.
Satin Kiara Sku Pumps 8348745 White Badgley Mischka Where to Advertise
Traditional advertising outlets include newspapers, magazines, TV and radio stations. Today, however, advertisements are placed nearly everywhere and anywhere, including:
- Mischka 8348745 Satin Sku Badgley Kiara White Pumps Roadside billboards
- Sides of buildings
- Satin 8348745 Mischka White Pumps Kiara Badgley Sku Websites
- Electronic newsletters
- Badgley 8348745 Sku Mischka White Kiara Satin Pumps Badgley White Kiara Pumps Mischka Satin 8348745 Sku Print newsletters
- Inside bills
- Product packaging
- Restaurant placemats
- Event bulletins Black leather Dune 'Becket' shoes mid court stiletto heel qSABUx8A
- Store windows
- The sides of cars and trucks
- Subway car walls
- Airport kiosks
- Sporting arenas
- YouTube videos
Creating Effective Ads
Advertising messages themselves are designed to persuade an individual to buy a company’s goods or services. Even in business-to-business transactions, individuals have to first be convinced to choose one product over another. To accomplish this, ads have five main components:
- Headline - This is the key attention-getting message. “Got milk?” is a perfect headline. Or Wendy’s old, “Where’s the beef?”
- Subhead - Some ad headlines need clarification, much like a book’s subtitle.
- Body copy - The meat of the advertising message occurs in the main section where the product or service’s features and benefits are highlighted.
- Image - Unless you’re advertising on the radio, including a product photo, or image illustrating a key benefit is critical.
- Call-to-action - At the end of the ad you want to invite the consumer to take a step towards doing business with you, such as calling a toll-free number, visiting a website, texting a certain number, or pulling into the drive-thru window.
While advertising is the only way to guarantee that your message will be seen or heard, it is expensive by comparison to other marketing methods. For that reason, it is more popular with large corporations and brands than small businesses.